I was starving after a hard workout and a peanut sauce sounded fab. I made up a package of tiny eggrolls to go with it so we went sans protein in the main dish. If I were to make it again I would add in a package of my favorite pre-cubed tofu and pan-fry it up crisp with the vegetables! I served it over Jasmine rice but it could be easily tossed with cooked spaghetti just the same (say 12 ounces worth).
Peanut Sauce with Vegetables
- 2 cups lower sodium vegetable broth (non-veg’s can use chicken, beef, etc)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter, chunky style (such as Adam’s)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (or more for extra spice)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 14-ounce bag stir fry mix (example here)
- 1/2 bag frozen sweet peas (8 ounces)
- Hot rice or pasta (see above notes)
In a medium bowl whisk the sauce ingredients together. In a large non-stick skillet heat the oil over medium high heat, add in the vegetables and cook till tender. Stir in the sauce and turn down to medium-low. Stir often until it pulls into a creamy sauce.
Serve over hot rice or toss with cooked pasta.
Serves 3 to 4 (a true 4 if you add in a protein such as tofu).