Kirk was craving meat so I made us chicken sammies for lunch. I won’t lie…while we eat vegan most of the time there are times I crave meat as well. It isn’t often but when I do….I just don’t indulge very often these days is all! So on a really dreary day (even more so after yesterday’s sunny afternoon) the colors and crunch in this chicken salad were very awesome. And after a very hard workout at the gym it suited me just fine!
Pineapple and Apple Chicken Salad Sammies
- 12.5 to 13 ounce can chicken breast, well-drained
- 1 apple (used Braeburn), peeled, cored and diced small
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, well-drained (or 1 small size can)
- 2 Tbsp moist raisins
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds (raw)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (preferably heart healthy olive oil based)
- ½ to 1 tsp mild curry powder (or to taste)
- Dave’s Killer Bread
Break the chicken apart and add to a large mixing bowl with the pineapple, apple and raisins. Toss with 2 teaspoons of the sesame seeds.
Mix the may and curry powder together in a small bowl, add to the chicken mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle the rest of the sesame seeds on top.
Serve on the bestest bread ever, Dave’s!
Makes 3 to 4 sammies.